Abnormal uterine bleeding happens when you bleed outside your normal monthly period. Your flow can also be heavier and longer than usual. Typically, normal menstrual flow lasts about seven days and occurs every 21 to 35 days. Are you searching for Gyn Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Women’s Health Center is the best option for you.
Signs of abnormal uterine bleeding vary from person to person. Symptoms can also include:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding, formerly known as menorrhagia
- Unusual bleeding, in between periods or after intercourse
- Unusual long periods, more than seven days
- Inconsistent menstrual cycles
A variety of reasons can cause abnormal uterine bleeding, that can include:
- Problems with ovulation – lack of ovulation can cause irregular, menstrual bleeding.
- Fibroids and polyps – fibroids are non-cancerous growths that form in the muscle tissue of the uterus
- Adenomyosis – its sign and symptoms can include heavy menstrual bleeding and menstrual pain that worsens when you age
- Bleeding disorders – bleeding disorder doesn’t just mean menstrual bleeding, it could also mean heavy bleeding after childbirth or surgery, gum bleeding after dental work, easy bruising, and frequent nosebleeds
- Cancer – abnormal uterine bleeding could also be an early sign of endometrial cancer
- Medications – hormonal birth control method can also case changes in bleeding, and some medications like aspirin and some blood thinners can cause menstrual heavy bleeding
- Other causes – this includes those related to pregnancy, such as ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage
Here are some complications that may happen with abnormal uterine bleeding:
- Getting trouble or having a hard time getting pregnant
- Anemia or blood loss
- High risk of endometrial cancer
There are several treatment options for abnormal uterine bleeding but treatment will also depend on the cause your bleeding, age and whether if you want to get pregnant in the future. Treatments can include:
- Intrauterine device (IUD) – an IUD is a small, plastic device that your doctor inserts into your uterus
- Birth control pills – these pills contain hormones that can stop the lining of your uterus from getting too thick, they also help regulate your menstrual cycle.
- Dilation and curettage – this is a procedure where your uterus is stretched enough for a surgical tool can be put in your uterus, this tool is used to scrape away the lining of your uterus
- Hysterectomy – this is the procedure where your uterus is surgically removed, which also mean you won’t have any more periods and you won’t be able to get pregnant
- Endometrial ablation – this procedure destroys the lining of your uterus and can also stop all menstrual bleeding in some women
Abnormal uterine bleeding can have a negative impact in your life, it also makes you anxious as you won’t know exactly when the bleeding will begin. Talking to a medical provider is beneficial for you and your health. Your process for diagnosis may take a while because your medical provider will want to consider multiple factors. And your options for treatment will also be based on the cause of your bleeding. Looking for a professional Gynecology in Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Women’s Health Center is the most reputed company that leading the pride.
At Doral Health and Wellness, our team of gynecologists can help you get a proper diagnosis and help you formulate the best treatment plan designed for your condition. To book an appointment, you can call us at 347-955-3465 or visit our website at http://www.gynecologistbrooklyn.com/