Cancer refers to a disease in which some of the body’s cell grow uncontrollably and spread to the other parts of the body.
Cervical cancer is the type of cancer that occurs in the cells of the cervix, which connects the uterus and vagina. In most cases, cervical cancer is caused by infection with human papillomavirus (HPV) which is often preventable by vaccine. All women are at risk for cervical cancer, it occurs most often in women over the age of 30. HPV is a common virus that is passes from one person to another during intercourse.
You can reduce your risk of developing cervical cancer by undergoing screening tests and receiving vaccine that protects against HPV infection. Cervical cancer grows slowly so there’s usually more time to catch it and treat it before it causes more serious conditions. Are you searching for Gynecology Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Women’s Health Center is the best option for you.
Types of Cervical Cancer
There’s more than one type of cervical cancer
- Adenocarcinoma – This type of cancer forms the cells that produce mucus, begins in the glandular cells that line the cervical canal
- Squamous cell carcinoma – This type forms in the lining of the cervix. This is the most common type of cervical cancer
- Mixed carcinoma – This type has the feature of the two other types
The risk factors for this condition includes:
- Many sexual partner
- Early sexual activity
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Weak immune system
- Exposure to miscarriage prevention drug
Symptoms of cervical cancer might not be noticeable until it’s too late. They may include:
- Pain during intercourse
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Unusual vaginal discharge
If it has already spread, the cancer causes:
- Kidney failure
- Pelvic pain
- Trouble urinating
- Bone pain
To reduce the risk of cervical cancer, you must:
- Have routine PAP tests – these tests can detect precancerous condition in your cervix. Most doctors suggest this routine test at the age of 21 and repeating it yearly
- HPV vaccine – this vaccine is known in reducing the risk of cervical cancer. Consult your doctor if you this vaccination is appropriate for you
- Safe sex – reduce your risk by practicing safe sex. This prevents you from sexually transmitted infections
One of the best remedies from physical and mental stress brought about by cancer, or any other cancer for that matter, is getting the right nutrition. The patient may lose her appetite but eating the right nutrients will bring back more strength and energy. That way she could be able to handle treatment better. Other lifestyle changes may also help the patient stay stronger and more comfortable during treatment.
The survival rate for cervical cancer is close to 100% if detected and treated early. Though the prognosis for more advanced cervical cancer depends on the stage of cancer. Looking for a professional Gynecologist in Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Women’s Health Center is the most reputed company that leading the pride.
If you or someone you know has cervical cancer, be the support system that you need. Though most people don’t want to burden their loved ones. It is important for them to have someone to talk to.
At Doral Health and Wellness, our team of gynecologist and oncologist is highly trained in cancer treatment. To book an appointment, please visit or call 347-955-3465.